Thursday, April 30, 2009

Jack Hanna show

Highlight from last weekend: Petting a baby kangaroo. (btw...they are supersoft)

Last weekend Jack Hanna visited the State Theatre in Easton and I got to hang out back stage during the show. Hanna is such a nice person and his show is really interesting no matter what age you are.

I didn't get a great shot of the kangaroo... (he was just like a real baby and kept turning his face away from wherever I was)...but I did get some shots of some other awesome animals. Please forgive me if they're not labeled correctly, I was too excited about being so close to actually write down any information.


This is my favorite shot from the day. It kinda cracks me up because I've seen it done so many times with people, and I think it makes you look twice when you realize there's a penguin. I also learned that pretty much any photo of a penguin is hilarious. So it's hard to go wrong.



This guy was a total showoff.

This aardvark and the porcupine after it were two of the coolest animals. And they both made me a bit nostalgic for my little hedgehog Dora, who I had to give away. The aardvark seemed to just be a giant version of her without the spines...both have bad eyesight, constantly twitching noses and general lack of brightness.


Ok. Just craziness to be so close to such an awesome animal. It's like "growing up cheetah" in person. (Great show on Animal Planet...can you tell I'm an animal geek yet?)

Lemur! Less than 1ft. from my lens. Nuff said.

At the end of the show, each of the assistants brought out an animal for kids to see up close.
I love these girls' faces as they check out the vulture.



No comments: