Wednesday, April 22, 2009

To texture or not to texture...

Adding texture to photos seems to be all the rage right now. Since I just figured out how to do it I figured it was worth a try.

I have to give credit to my great subjects here. This shot was totally the big sister's idea, and little sister was all too happy to "run all around all over the stage singing and dancing" while her sister sat on the edge of the stage quiet and serious. More fun photos from this shoot coming on Friday.


Without texture:
With texture:
What do you think of the texture for this photo...love it or hate it?

4 comments:

Sarah McCoy Photography said...

with.

Unknown said...

I feel a complete idiot! I'm a professional artist, and I can't see the difference.

Your photos are really amazing. You are able to capture the spirit of a person, not just their image. I felt tears welling up looking a lot of these photos...just wonderful!

Jamie Harkins said...

I think they're both amazing! (And the best subjects ever...but I'm biased!)

Natalie said...

Hi Jane...no worries, the difference is subtle. The texture makes the image a little brighter and adds a more weathered look around the ceiling and walls (I took it off the girls because it was too distracting.)