Thursday, April 9, 2009

Carla Ten Eyck workshop

The best way for me to describe the workshop I attended last Tuesday is "empowering." Carla Ten Eyck is not only an awesome photographer, but a really great teacher as well. We went to a parking garage in Hartford for a photo shoot with Billy and Carol, and even though it was freezing, I feel like all of us got some really great shots. Plus I will definitely never look at a parking garage the same way again!


Billy and Carol are natural models...shooting them was seriously like cheating.





While Billy and Carol did a quick costume change and warmed up, the class checked out our next challenge: the puddle. I took a picture of the rest of the class while they were using me to set up their shots.


Here's what I came up with for the puddle.




Billy brought out his skateboard for our final shots. It's too bad it was so cold, we all would have loved to play in this parking garage some more, but by this time it was getting late and no one could feel their fingers anymore!

1 comment:

Sarah McCoy Photography said...

Love the puddle shot. Glad to hear you enjoyed the workshop. I can't wait for our next wedding together :)