Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oh Henry!

Talk about your overdue photo shoots...

Henry is the youngest of my step-sister's children. He was born after I graduated from college, when I had to go find a real job instead of spending my summers babysitting. So I never really got the chance to spend a good chunk of time with him to get to know him and do a real photo shoot.

He has also seemed to glide through the terrible two like a charm, but hit the terrible threes fast and hard. Henry is very selective with who he will and will not talk to, and if he decides you're not on the list that day, you're flat out of luck. The week before this shoot I asked him if I could take his photo and he gave me a flat no. I told him I was still going to try since I've never gotten the chance to take his photo before. His response: "Well, I'm not going to make it easy."

I was prepared for a battle, but luckily my step-sister worked a bit of reverse-logic on him and he decided before I arrived that morning that he wanted me to take his photo. I got on the good list and I'm so glad I did. His little raspy voice and his serious face just melt my heart. What a beautiful kid he is!






1 comment:

Courtney said...

Adorable! Wait, I'm biased