Saturday, May 23, 2009

Action Jack

Jack, my oldest nephew, primed me in the art of shooting a toddler on the move. I used to babysit him, and later his sister, all summer when I was in college. Jack is overflowing with ideas and every day was filled with bug hunts, fort building and bike riding. Here's one of my favorite shots from those summers:

And now look at him! I caught my breath when I took this shot. The eyes are the same, but he's grown up so much. Not much else has changed though...I still spent most of the shoot chasing him. (And he can move a lot faster now.)





After this shoot we all ended up back at my father's house for his birthday dinner. Jack sat next to me as I went through the photos, and it was really cool to hear his thoughts. He really is a smart, thoughtful kid. Maybe in a couple more years I'll have an intern :)

1 comment: