Monday, January 5, 2009

Moab

More Utah pictures... Ben and I took 2-day break from family time to travel down to Arches National Park in Moab, UT. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It was also one of the hottest. I wanted to catch the sunset so we headed to the park around 5 p.m. (sunset eta was 8:30) and it was still around 95 degrees. By the time the sun went down it had cooled off to about 87 degrees. But Ben was a trooper and carried my tripod all over the place so that I could talk all the photos I wanted. It was such a great day, that Ben was inspired to propose at the end of it!

This had to be done...




This arch (the Sand Arch) was actually inside of other rock formations.


This is the famous Delicate Arch seen on most Utah license plates. We are standing about 1 mile from the arch. (It's a 3 hour hike to get to the arch and we were definitely not up for that.)




The rocks on the right are the Three Gossips and on the left is the Sheep Rock.


No comments: